School bells are about to start ringing all over town, and that means now is your chance to stand up and give area children a hand as they get ready to hit the books this fall.
The Love Fund for Children is currently seeking donations in Kansas City of the following goods and services so that our kids in need can focus on their studies:
- Socks and underwear for both boys and girls of all sizes and ages
- Backpacks, calculators, notebooks, pens, pencils, etc
- Bath and body products, including deodorant, soap, shampoo, etc
- Trial-size personal care items, including lip balm, band-aids, toothpaste, sunscreen, etc
- Humidifiers and de-humidifiers
- School-appropriate clothing
- Bus passes
- Computer equipment
- Eye glasses
- Nutritional supplements
- Winter clothing
In addition to tangible goods, there is a large need for services. Many of these children are facing considerable circumstances, and these services are desperately needed by far too many children this year:
- Abuse Therapy
- Dental Work including Orthodontics
- Eye Exams
- Life Skills Classes
- Activity Fees
- Transportation to/from school activities and events
Of course, this is far from being an exhaustive list. If you believe you have a service that would benefit children in need, we invite you to inquire as to how you can put your skills, talents, and resources to use.
It just might fill a need we haven’t thought of yet, and The Love Fund for Children is always on the lookout for your donations in Kansas City.
If you have the means and the desire, we’d love to hear from you. We invite you to give us a call at 816-932-9170 or send us a message at email@example.com. Every little bit helps, and together, we have the ability to change the lives of every child in the community.